- Master Gardener Program Offered
- National Town Hall to Discuss the Value of Healthy, Non-violent Masculinity in the Patch
- Golden Corral Employee Posts Video of Food Hidden from Health Inspectors
- North Dakota Soldier Named Best Band Member in Nation
- National Retail Foundation Names Heitkamp ‘Hero of Main Street’
- Heitkamp Presses Indian Health Service Acting Director to Continue Addressing Health Care Needs in Indian Country
- ND Outdoors: Summer Recreation Safety
- Heitkamp Cheers Full Senate Passage of Farm Bill – Calls on House to Step Up
- Non-Whites Arrested for Marijuana at More than Double the Rate in North Dakota
- Ft. Ransom Landowners want Keystone Pipeline Pump Station Quieted
How Would You Spend $400,000? Probably Better Than the North Dakota Legislature
We’ve got a bone to pick with some North Dakota politicians and we’re hoping you’ll join us in taking our message to the “tweets.”
The governor of North Dakota just signed yet another anti-abortion bill into law – this time banning abortions beginning at 20 weeks of pregnancy in yet another cruel attempt to outlaw a woman’s access to abortion care. I guess signing the country’s most extreme abortion ban just a few weeks ago wasn’t enough for Gov. Jack Dalrymple. In fact over the past several weeks, the North Dakota legislature pushed through five anti-abortion measures. FIVE measures designed to rob of the services they need to make personal decisions about pregnancy free from political interference.
To add insult to injury, the legislature is considering a $400,000 appropriation of tax-payer dollars to defend these blatantly unconstitutional anti-abortion laws. These politicians are seriously out of step. Let’s help them get their priorities straight: Tell us how you think North Dakota could better spend $400,000.
We’ve come up with a few easy and fun ways you can suggest better uses of public funds on Twitter:
Tag it: Tweet the hash tag #ND400K with your ideas on how the North Dakota legislature could better spend $400,000. Off the top of my head, investing in health care for North Dakota’s Native American communities, improving our schools, making voting easier are all better uses of the money and I’m sure you can come up with a list of your own.
Ex. Tweet: Dear North Dakota legislators, investing in health care is a better use of $400K than costly legal fights. #ND400K
Twitpic it: A picture speaks louder than 1,000 words, so maybe a Twitpic is louder than 1,000 tweets! Share a Twitpic of yourself with a sign or other visual that illustrates a better use of state resources. Just don’t forget to include #ND400K
Share it: Don’t forget to RT whenever you see a #ND400K hash tag to help spread the word and so your friends and followers can share their own ideas on how to better spend tax-payer dollars.
Not sure what all this social media crap is? Fear not. You can take action here.
Now is the time for all of us to tell politicians to stop interfering in our private decisions and to leave these decisions with a woman, her doctor and her family.
Tell them to get their priorities straight: #ND400K.
— NDACLU (@NDACLU) April 17, 2013